What is New Building Commissioning?
Building commissioning (Cx) is the process of verifying the subsystems for mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, fire/life safety, building envelopes, interior systems, co-generation, utility plants, sustainable systems, lighting, wastewater, controls, and building security to achieve the owner’s project requirements as intended by the building owner and as designed by the building architects and engineers.
The initial cost of commissioning is recovered many times over through operating savings, improved staff performance, and avoidance of costly construction problems.
- Thoroughly documenting system design, operating sequences and test procedures.
- Verifying system performance based on extensive functional testing and measurement.
- Ensuring that building operation staff members receive the training and resources they need on system operations and maintenance procedures.
- Smoother construction processes
- Reduced operation & maintenance costs
- Lower energy costs
- Satisfied building occupants & tenants.
*A 2004 report showed that, on average, the cost of performing commissioning was paid back in 4.8 years from energy savings alone.
- It has been shown that the operational cost of Non Commissioned Buildings is 8-20% more as compared to Commissioned Buildings.
The Cotocon Group are verified third party experts that can carry out third party Commissioning for your building and make you reap the benefits. Get in touch with us today to know more!